1) 1 Year Anniversary -- about a year ago, I was giving stool samples to Peace Corps as part of my medical check-up to wrap-up my service in Cameroon. How time flies. Ah, Cameroon … one of the most unreal or surreal things I've ever experienced. Its hard to put into words those two years. Maybe "Its complicated"? The highs, the lows, the weird, crazy, awesome and life-changing experiences, the friendships and yes, the frenemies. When I got back to the states, I wondered, "Did that actually happen or did I just have a crazy dream for 2 years?" A lot has changed one year later. Except, well, I'm still in the Peace Corps. This time, the dream is not as crazy. And in Spanish.
|Stickers since I left Cameroon|
2) Quote of the Day -- "Until you start believing in yourself, you ain't going to have a life."
3) Cake News -- I don't know if this is good or not, but I've been getting a lot of my news from Cake's newsfeed. Sometimes, they have posts about one of their upcoming concerts, although I can't remember the last time that happened.
4) Cameroonian Food -- In Ebolowa, there were a couple of merchants from the North who made a dish, which was some type of stir fried beef and then mixed with pasta and plantains or potatoes. Add mayonnaise, of course. C'est magnifique.
5) Media Coverage -- On a more serious note, check out this article about how the media outside the US is covering the Ferguson story.